Senior software engineer
- Posted On:
- Feb. 1, 2011
945 Stewart Dr. , Sunnyvale, CA 94085
- Work in engineering team on developing and testing systems in various technologies like Java, Perl, C/C++, Python, Hadoop, Apache, Tomcat, Linux
- Technical leadership and ownership of one or more systems.
- Architect and design scalable and fault tolerant systems
- Set coding, design, and documentation standards as required
- Work with product management and business teams to analyze requirements and give technical assessment and estimates
- Setup and manage non-production and production environments
- Build and deploy software systems in various non-production and production environments.
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD degree in Computer Science. Masters/PhD preferred.
- BS+10 or MS+8 years of experience
- Expert coding skills in more than one of following languages: Java, Perl, C/C++, Python, Unix Shell
- Experience with some of Apache, Tomcat, Linux, MySQL, Oracle, Berkeley DB, Hadoop MapReduce/PIG, Regular expressions, Eclipse, SVN/CVS source control systems is required
- Should have experience with architecting and developing distributed and highly scalable fault tolerant systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills